You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email. All information we receive from our customers is protected by our secure server. THE COMPANY is secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all customer data collected is secured against unauthorised use or access. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We receive and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way from time to time. You may provide basic contact information such as your name, phone number, address, and email address to enable us to send information or process your product order and we may also collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with our customer support.
We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material, updates regarding our website and information in the form of a newsletter. This will only apply if you have registered or subscribed to such publications by registering your details with us. However if you wish to cease receiving any such information you may let us know either by email or unsubscribing at any time and your request will be actioned immediately.
Individual profile and company details are not used for any other purpose. Details are only supplied to a third party supplier when it is required by law, for goods or services which you have purchased or to protect our copyright, trademarks and other legal rights.
We respect the privacy of our online visitors. We may collect information on or through this website that can personally identify you. For example, we collect personally identifiable information which you volunteer to us to respond to visitor questions and comments about us and our products and services, and to mail e-newsletters (Personal Data).
Any non-personal information, communications and material you send to this website or to us by email, or which we obtain from third parties without promises of confidentiality, may be kept, used and disclosed by us on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, we may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of THE COMPANY, our customers or third parties.
If there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
We do not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. We will never disclose your personal details to a third party except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased or to protect the rights, property or safety of THE COMPANY, our customers or third parties or if required by law.
We may however use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our website and services but not for any other use.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies.
Privacy statement and website terms
Hudson Homes collects no personal information about you when you visit this website unless you choose to provide this information to us. The primary purpose for which we collect your personal information is to provide you with the services you have requested. However, certain information about visitors is automatically collected and stored. Hudson Homes uses this information to create statistics for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest or identifying system performance or problem areas. If you choose to provide us with personal information in an email message, we use it only to respond to your email.
By using this website, you agree we may use and disclose your personal information and other data for this purpose and also for secondary purposes, including to personalise your user experience and to promote the Hudson Homes and/or any related entity or third-party products and services to you. You also agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (and the other terms and conditions and policies referred to in any linked websites) as amended from time to time.
Hudson Homes respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), and applicable privacy regulations. Hudson Homes is committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and has policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
What personal information is collected?
Personal information collected by Hudson Homes will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
- bank account and credit account details;
- user IDs and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- business information, such as ABN and licence number;
- information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example property details and pricing;
- information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a related product such as finance;
- information about the devices on which you visit the website or Network companies’ websites, and your activities on those devices or sites;
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- your public social profile information (e.g. name, profile picture) together with the email address you use to log into your social media account;
- records and content of communications with Hudson Homes or any other person or company
- if you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses;
- if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment; and
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that any records and content provided in hard copy format may be stored and scanned electronically by Hudson Homes.
Hudson Homes does not collect sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records (save where provided by law enforcement authorities) or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, Hudson Homes may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
How is personal information collected?
Hudson Homes collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to Hudson Homes by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise), for example when you enquire about an item on one of our websites; when you subscribe to a newsletter or any alerts; when you purchase goods or services from Hudson Homes; when you enter a competition or promotion conducted by Hudson Homes, or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with Hudson Homes or any other person using Hudson Homes Communications Services; from third parties such as resellers of Hudson Homes’s services and service providers to Hudson Homes; social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from third parties such as resellers of Hudson Homes’s services and service providers to Hudson Homes;
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from third party data providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us data;
- through use of Hudson Homes’s proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading ‘How is personal information disclosed’, our service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you.
How is personal information used?
More specifically, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- to research, develop, improve and use within our products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
- to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- to generate statistics in relation to Hudson Homes;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer or using the unsubscribe facility in a direct marketing communication sent to you);
- for purposes connected with the operation of any related or associated companies;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to aggregate personal information with our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
- to contact winners of trade promotions run by Hudson Homes.
How is personal information disclosed?
Hudson Homes may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Hudson Homes. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- any related and/or associated companies and their staff;
- individuals and organisations if you submit an enquiry or seek or acquire certain services through Hudson Homes – depending on your enquiry or the services being sought or acquired, these may include:
- original equipment manufacturers;
- operators of third party web sites, co-branded web sites and other third parties;
- financial service providers;
- insurance service providers;
- payment services providers;
- outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services;
- outsourced service providers who assist Hudson Homes to provide its services including:
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- resellers of Hudson Homes’s services or products;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
If you do not want Hudson Homes to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry or acquire those services.
Where Hudson Homes discloses your personal information to a data service provider, Hudson Homes will take all reasonable steps to ensure those data service providers comply at all times with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
Disclaimer of Liability
Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be no errors. Hudson Homes does not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions, is suitable for your intended use, or is accurate or complete, or on any website that links to this website, including third party display advertisements.
All images located on the website are for illustrative purposes only. Images used may contain items that are not included in the products and services advertised. Products and services provided and sold by Hudson Homes are subject to change without notice. Images may not represent the final product or service as shown. Subject to any terms implied by law and which cannot be excluded, Hudson Homes accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, cost or expense (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any information in this site.
All information on the site is subject to change. The information contained within this website is general information only and does not constitute personal investment advice as it does not take into account a person’s personal objectives, needs or financial situation. It is important that a person considering an investment decision does so in light of their own personal objectives, needs and financial situation and if you are unable to make such an assessment, it is advisable that the person seek the help of a qualified and licensed financial advisor. Hudson Homes, its subsidiaries, directors, employees, agents or its advisers do not accept any responsibility for person’s acting on the information provided in this website. Persons doing so, do so at their own risk.
Hudson Homes strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. Hudson Homes may verify the accuracy of personal information it holds against information about you held by a third party. You may update certain personal information through your membership account (if you have one) or click here to contact us by email.
Hudson Homes may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
Hudson Homes takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications
or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on Hudson
How to access your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please contact us via the details at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. Generally, there will be no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Depending on the volume, type or method of access to the information you request, Hudson Homes may charge you some fees, however, these will not be excessive and will not apply to the making of the request. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfil the request.
Transfer of personal information outside of Australia
When accessing Hudson Homes websites from a mobile device, we may request permission to collect your location from your device via the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you consent to the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this may limit your ability to use certain features of our services.
Linked sites and personal information
This website contains links to external websites. These links are provided only as a reference for searching the internet and not as an endorsement or approval of those websites, their products or services and therefore cannot be held responsible for the content, product or service they describe.
When you visit a website or use an application, Hudson Homes records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system. This data may be used by Hudson Homes to categorise a user and provide personalised offers, marketing and advertising. Activity data may be shared with advertisers for these purposes where the user is already a customer of the advertiser.
Hudson Homes may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites and other media in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/
Hudson Homes uses “cookie” and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years or longer in some cases).
Cookies may be used by Hudson Homes or by service providers engaged by Hudson Homes to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit, measure and analyse usage, and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to those sites or other sites or platforms. Cookie data and other data may be sold, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties via advertising exchanges or other data sharing platforms for this purpose. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled Hudson Homes may not be able to provide you with the full range of services.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Only
Except for the data, content, images and information contained in this website or originally sourced via Hudson Homes (hereby referred to as Material), held in your computer’s cache or a single permanent copy of the Material for your personal use, you must not without the prior written approval of Hudson Homes:
- modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish or license any Material;
- use or attempt to use any Material to create any website, publication or database;
- mirror or frame any website or page;
- use any automated process of any sort of query, access, retrieve, scrape, data-mine or copy any Material, or generate or compile any document, index or database based on the Material;
- transfer or sell any information, functionality or products or services offered by Hudson Homes;
- undertake any other action which is in violation of these terms and conditions (or other terms and conditions and policies referred to in these terms and conditions) or any applicable law;
- use Hudson Homes’s brand, logos, image or likeness.
If Hudson Homes considers, in its absolute discretion, that you or any party related to you (including any agent, representative, contractor or associate) has acted contrary to these terms and conditions or in a manner contrary to Hudson Homes’s interests, then Hudson Homes may immediately terminate your right to access and use this website at any time, and reserves its rights to take any action it deems necessary or desirable to prevent such repeated action and/or further access to third party websites.
Material on this website and third-party websites linked to this website is protected by Australian and international copyright and intellectual property laws. All rights not expressly granted under these terms and conditions are reserved by Hudson Homes. Unless otherwise indicated, the Material is owned by or licensed to Hudson Homes and is subject to copyright.
- only copy or reproduce the Material for the purpose of browsing, or making a copy for your own personal, private or research use, provided that such use constitutes fair use under the Copyright Act;
- not alter or modify the Material in any way or remove any legal notice associated with it.
All phone numbers, including 1300 numbers, on this website are charged at your own personal call rates. You will be billed by your telephone service provider and should direct all questions to that provider.
Refer A Friend
Where Hudson Homes allows you to provide the personal and contact details of another person, you warrant that the person has consented to their information being provided to Hudson Homes, and to being contacted by Hudson Homes. You indemnify Hudson Homes, its officers, representatives, employees, contractors, servants, directors and agents against all actions, claims and demands (including the cost of defending or setting aside any actions, claims and demands) arising out of or in respect of sending an email or other communication method, or any contravention of the SPAM Act 2003.
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy, please contact us.
Hudson Homes treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint (after providing us with a reasonable time to respond) or would like further information about privacy in Australia, then we suggest you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.
These policies, terms and conditions may change over time without notice. All changes will be published on this website.
Version 1 (18 February 2018)