HomeBuilder Grant 101
What is the HomeBuilder grant?
We have good news… the HomeBuilder grant was recently revised and extended until March 31st!
The HomeBuilder grant was originally announced in June, and was expected to cease at the end of December 2020. The revised $15,000 grant aims to boost the construction industry & help home buyers achieve their home ownership dreams, even during the current pandemic.
Am I eligable?
To access the grant you must:
- Be a natural person (not a company or trust)
- Be 18 years +
- Be an Australian Citizen
- For individuals: An income under 125k per annum
- For couples: A combined income under 200k per annum
- Enter a contract before 14th April 2021 where your new properties value will not exceed 950k in NSW and 750k in QLD (including GST)
- Begin construction within 6 months
Generally, a couple is two people who are legally married, in a domestic relationship or have been living as a couple on a genuine domestic basis.
How do I apply for the grant?
You must submit an application to your relevant State or Territory revenue office or equivalent authority. Alternatively, your financial institution or bank can also apply on your behalf.
Contact us today, to start your home building journey today!
For more information on the grant, please click here.