Occupational Health & Safety Accreditation
Health and safety in the workplace is a key issue for every organisation.
This is why Hudson Homes embarked on a path to become accredited to the Australian Standard AS/NZS4801 “Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems”.
We can proudly say that on the 10th July 2014 Hudson Homes reached this milestone and were accredited by BSi, an international third party auditor.
Mr Robert Borg, General Manager of Hudson Homes, says:
“Our certified Occupational Health and Safety System was designed and implemented with the safety of our workers’, customers’ and the general public in mind. Our dedicated safety management system has been applied to all areas of our business, including offices, construction sites and display homes.”
Benefits of AS/NZS 4801
By certifying our Health and Safety Management System it means:
- A safer workplace – An OHSMS enables us to identify hazards, assess risks and put the necessary risk control measures in place to prevent accidents
- Client confidence – An independently assessed OHSMS tells our clients that we have met a number of legal and regulatory requirements, giving them confidence in our organization.
- Morale – Implementing AS/NZS 4801 shows a clear commitment to the safety of our staff and can contribute to a more motivated, efficient and productive workforce
- Reduced costs – Fewer accidents means less expensive downtime for our organisation.
- Training – An OHSMS also highlights whether or not our employees are competent for the task they are performing, which impacts on training and teamwork. The regular assessment process will help us continually monitor and improve our Health & Safety performance.